Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

My wife five years off and dealing with 'setbacks' - suffering…needs reassurance

[To...]

Looking for some reassurance for my wife. Only positive reinforcement, please no adding to her despair. Looking for hope I can give her. Does anyone else have horrific skull crushing head pressure, bad burning mouth, super revved, completely overstimulated  and just feels absolutely horrible?

Need to let her know she's going to make it out of this.

Also she’s terrified that glutamate storms (her neuro transmitter tests show it’s decreasing over time and lower than it has been but always being revved she tried to connect the dots of revved and high glutamate)are causing permanent damage to her brain. She had a few brain mris without contrast up until a year and a half ago and had a few white spots of the brain but the neuro who since retired stated they were probably a one time episodes of demyelination from her rapid detox.  Since then she’s had her setbacks (stress and antibiotic) and is worrying she needs another mri and neuro but I know they can’t help her and they stress will only make her worse and even if she has a few more spots we know it’s nothing like MS… she’s just terrified all around and I wound love to offer her some peace of mind that her brain will heal and the more tests she has done the worse off she actually seems from the stress and worry.

(Side note: she’s always been no gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine, organic Whole Foods diet, no processed foods and no other drugs or alcohol in over 5 years)

Just need to offer her a big load of hope and reassurance!

Thanks

Hi I have early onset small lesions too in the areas affected by the benzos so small while spots on MRIs. I have spoken to neuroscientists about this cause doctors did not even notice and they say they are reparable. Anything to boost stem cell production can help: red light therapy, working out, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, diet, etc.

Hi I have early onset small lesions too in the areas affected by the benzos so small while spots on MRIs. I have spoken to neuroscientists about this cause doctors did not even notice and they say they are reparable. Anything to boost stem cell production can help: red light therapy, working out, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, diet, etc.

Thank you very much. Good luck with your continued healing.