Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Help! Chest tightness, pain after working out or doing something more physical.

[he...]

Please help me if you can!

I'll try to describe it and sorry if I fail...

From the cardia in my stomach up to my throat, there's a dull pain, like pressure or (maybe) tightness, mostly in the middle of my chest. I could compare it to eating dry food, like something bread like, and because it is so dry a you start choking and feeling a sensation in the chest. That's what I can compare this pain to. The size of the pain is like half of my palm and feels like it is inside my chest.

It's happening only when I try to do workout or anything that is a little physically stressful or when I'm not sleeping enough. What worries me is the part when I can't allow myself to do physical activities.

This is the first symptom I started to experience and had to quit my job because of it.

I don't have this symptom if I'm not doing anything physical and I'm only 27 so...

Painkillers doesn't work, I tried metamizole and ibuprofen.

Doctors checked my heart multiple times, they did everything to make sure my heart is healthy and it is.

I'm thinking of asking for either doxylamine to help me sleep, because the chest pain doesn't always allow me and the other day it will just be worse or some type of MAOI that may can help me deal with my anxiety if that's causing the pain plus I'll probably sleep better.

I would like to know that if others experiencing it too and what helped them if there's a solution or ease their pain. If you have an idea, please don't hold it back. Thank you.  :)

You did a terrific job of describing your symptom, I didn’t have it but could relate to the feeling.  Many members have to modify their workout routines while going through this, would you consider doing that rather than adding medications?

Your body is trying to tell you something and I think I’d listen.  This is an incredibly difficult process and its puts a lot of stress on your body, now is the time to treat yourself gently. 

I am currently 46 months benzo free. During that 46 months my biggest enemy was over exertion, yet I do it time and time again. I am currently housebound after doing 4 hours of yard work. My wife usually times me, if I work under 2 hours usually I'm okay. During the winter months when I had little to do I thought I was healed on two separate occasions. Right now my lower abdomen back and hip very painful. Just two months ago during my yearly physical and after three pages of blood work my doctor said I was a very healthy 67-year-old. But like all the other doctors he believes benzo withdrawal is over in 6 to 8 weeks. Each time I try to exercise or exert myself my entire body seems to type tighten. Yet I am 100 times better beginning of withdrawal. Hang in there friend doubt and fear are our biggest enemies. Music 60
  • Love 1

I have tried to find anyone that had this and I do!!! it is miserable... I don't understand it. Do you also get like a scratchy sensation or discomfort in your throat? or even possibly slight discomfort in your back? That is what I keep having recently, before it was all my chest now it feels like it is in my back as well. I also quit my job and feel like I can't return to work. I just saw my cardiologist and they did a stress test, as well as put me on a calcium channel blocker because my heart rate standing is like 150 now from all of this, and can't function long because of it.