Help! Someone help me with how to do this tapering plan

[sp...]

So i am on 4.5MG valium and plan was to cut .5 every 10 days but Dr. im seeing says its too much too fast. Last time i tried it caused me to have bad symtoms and start drinking again. So his plan is a daily cut, he said to shave off a little bit every night. So first night take one shave off, next night 2 shaves off ect. Plan is to be done he said in 3 months if i keep shaving that way....great ok so that means its basically cutting out 1.5MG of V a month. Im not too sure i like that plan of just "shaving" off randomly with a hunting knife a little every day since im dealing with not just one pill but 2 2MG pills at this point (and .5) So i think what hes talking about is basically a micro taper, theres gotta be a better way to go about this than shaving off just a little bit more every day.

Can someone please help me to figure out a way to cut down using water and syringes or is his way just as good? I dont really care i just want off this stuff, just seems silly to take a knife and say ok today i shave off 23 scrapes, maybe? He said its worked for alot of people. I just want to know how else to go about this so its more accurate.

I think I figured it out. I'm on 4.5 mg Valium. I want to be off it in 90 days. That's tapering .5 every 10 days basically. 1.5mg Valium a month. So I'd fill up a jar with 90 ML of water, drop my dose in dissolve it then remove 1ml of water every day for 90 days. Well, so I'd remove 1ml 1st day, 2ml 2nd day, 3ml 3rd day ect until I removed all 90 ML of water being done. Do that using a 1ml syringe. Does that sound right?

I don’t trust my titration skills so I’m going to ask someone to drop by, hopefully you’ll get your confirmation. 

I think I figured it out. I'm on 4.5 mg Valium. I want to be off it in 90 days. That's tapering .5 every 10 days basically. 1.5mg Valium a month. So I'd fill up a jar with 90 ML of water, drop my dose in dissolve it then remove 1ml of water every day for 90 days. Well, so I'd remove 1ml 1st day, 2ml 2nd day, 3ml 3rd day ect until I removed all 90 ML of water being done. Do that using a 1ml syringe. Does that sound right?

Yes, your plan is perfect.

Just remember to swirl water in the empty container and drink that rinse water.

The monthly (30 day) reduction rates for this fixed amount, linear taper plan are:

Month 1: 33% reduction

Month 2: 50% reduction

Month 3: 100% reduction

The Colorado Consortium’s Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance suggests keeping reductions in the range of 5-10% of the current dose (see link below).

If you try this plan, I strongly encourage you to keep a daily taper log so you can monitor your symptoms and functionality closely.  Increasing symptoms and/or decreasing functionality are signals you may need to make adjustments in the plan (e.g. adjust the taper rate, taper interval, and/or daily dosing schedule; change the dose reduction technique).

Link:

BENZODIAZEPINE DEPRESCRIBING GUIDANCE (2022)

https://corxconsortium.org/wp-content/uploads/Benzo-Deprescribing.pdf

Why not get liquid V?  Use a hypodermic to measure the dose? So easy.  Im reducing and holding about a week and it's going pretty well.  Best of luck whatever you do.

Alycat

Alycat:  Great question!

spitfiremetalart: Are you (and your doctor) aware that a 5mg/5mL (i.e. 1mg/1mL) oral diazepam solution is available via prescription in the US?  Unlike do-it-yourself liquids made with regular tablets, this product has been proven to be a stable, homogeneous solution — each and every milliliter of the liquid contains exactly the same amount of diazepam thus increasing the likelihood of obtaining accurate and precise doses.  We have members who use this liquid ‘as is’ as well as members who dilute it to achieve lower concentrations. Here’s a link to the official FDA Drug Label from one of the manufacturers:

DailyMed - DIAZEPAM solution

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=9e85abed-1a8b-4762-a31f-f2c7f196b8af

Edit: username redaction