Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

This scary feeling that you aren't well and will not be , anyone else have this?

[Fo...]

It plagues me. I feel like my mind tells me I am unwell all the time, not a suicidal feeling what so ever, more like a feeling that I am not going to be ok

If I'm understanding this right it's an obsessive thought about dying. If so, very normal. Both fear of death and obsessions are normal during this process. Jennifer Leigh dealt with a death obsession intensely during her WD. She's fully healed now

If I'm understanding this right it's an obsessive thought about dying. If so, very normal. Both fear of death and obsessions are normal during this process. Jennifer Leigh dealt with a death obsession intensely during her WD. She's fully healed now

Yes...exactly this.

Be careful what you post, I sent a similar message to one you posted saying you feel you aren’t going be around anymore, in a pm to someone several weeks ago as didn’t want to express anything too negative on public forum, now they are refusing to let me message anybody, this happened several weeks ago.

Leann, I know you are upset, but remember one of your posts which alerted the admins was on a public forum board in which you made the reference to not wanting to be around anymore!  It was a conversation that could be read by anyone!

Admins and moderators do not go snooping around looking to punish buddies, but alarm bells go off when there are references to SI. 

GG

Yes that old scary thought stays with you . I would lay in bed at night thinking I'm going to die , then sleep 3.5 hrs every night. Then one day I told myself, YES you are going to die. BUT NOT TODAY. So try to find some tiny moment of joy , peace , or just a smile as we travel this hellish highway.

Sounds like standard elevated anxiety and OCD from this.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but I feel so bad physically day in and day out that even a normal brain would question if they’ll get better.  When you are like this every day for 9.5 months straight, I don’t think that’s out of the question. 

Be careful what you post, I sent a similar message to one you posted saying you feel you aren’t going be around anymore, in a pm to someone several weeks ago as didn’t want to express anything too negative on public forum, now they are refusing to let me message anybody, this happened several weeks ago.

Hello leann,

I question your motivation for warning FoxClover6 about using questionable language, is it really concern for another member or are you looking to highlight what you consider unfair treatment?  I suspect its the latter which makes me sad because I would rather see you care about someone else instead of using this opportunity call attention to yourself. 

I asked the OP to change the subject title that only you took as a reference to suicide and they’ve complied, they understand that triggering, overly dramatic or misleading subject titles don’t foster a calm and safe environment for other members. 

If you continue to litigate your PM restriction in the public space, I feel you should be made aware of our policy. Your best recourse is to use the Helpdesk to speak with the team privately.  Hopefully we can help you understand the difference between a questionable subject title and the burden one places on another human by contacting them directly with thoughts/threats of suicide.

If you disagree with a moderation action please read our policy Disagreeing with a moderation decision for further details on permitted methods of recourse.

Pamster

To be honest, I have also gotten PMs about suicide in the past and they did very much trigger me at the time so I did warn the team about it to check up on the person to make aure they were okay. Perhaps the person you sent things to, Leann, did the same. It is already very hard to deal with ourselves, let along triggering messages from others.

I did not report you so feel sorry you feel that way!  There were others who voiced their concerns about your desperate messages!  It is very alarming for those of us who are also suffering with very debilitating symptoms over a very long period of time, and we get very traumatized by messages speaking of SI thoughts.

I wish you a healthy future as have so many of your other supportive buddies. 

GG

Sorry they intimated it was you had reported me, so I apologies. Think I will stay off here, feel everything I write is being scrutinised as powers that be trying find reason to ban me. My Mum’s house just been sold for lot money brings it all back what I was cheated out of so got lot personal stuff going on. Sorry once again GG I was told I think you will guess who reported you but got got no idea. Just don’t think it is a nice system , be better if people were just asked to rephrase post not take away pm. Anyway once again sorry I accused you. I know you are a good person, I am just totally overwhelmed at the moment so best I stay off here as it’s not helping me.

I dont get triggered, but maybe I am a minority. No matter what who did, the point is, we're all in the same boat. Maybe better we don't knock eachother out of it just for feeling low.

Thanks Fox Clover for you message, unfortunately I am unable to message you back and seems unlikely will be restored. Would be nice to chat.Getting bit disillusioned with this forum, seems it’s forbidden to express yourself when you get really low,  which is when we really need support not get reported, so probably won’t post anymore. Any thing I write seem get a warning , they seem have it in for me, under lot emotional stress at moment , will miss the buddies but can’t cope with the feeling anything I write is constantly being “ watched “ all the time on top other stuff I’m dealing ..  But thanks for the offer much appreciated.