Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Vaginal Area Aching/Throbbing/Numbness - Yes, I said it!

[Fa...]

Hi All,

I'm just gonna put this out there...

Have any females experienced the entire vaginal area aching/throbbing and/or feeling numb?  I'm pretty sure this is a WD symptom.  It feels as though I have had a weekend of non-stop sex and am suffering the consequences.  Not saying I've experienced a weekend of solid sex...but, if I had to imagine what it would feel like, this would be it.

I know we discuss bladder issues, etc., but this is another level to me.  It's a toss up between non-stop sex for days or taking a huge sucker punch to the area.  And, at the same time, a numbness to the area.

So there...I said it.

I know that WD can and will do crazy things, and as I continue with my taper now, which is moving forward from not a good starting place but have no choice at this point, symptoms I've not experienced to date are popping up.  This is one of them.

...and, no...no crazy sex happening over here!  Maybe one day?

Warmly,

F

Hahaha, I appreciate your candor.

I have some throbbing for sure but I don't really pay it much attention. No numbness or aching though. The amount of nerve endings we have in our private parts is unbelievable, so I'm not surprised about sensations down there.

Hi B1rdie,

This is bad.  Hard to walk.  I have enough symptoms, but this one pulls my attention to it because a) it's a tender area b) it is relentless.

You're right...so many nerve endings.  As of this morning, I will add burning to the entire area not unlike burning skin we can experience all over. 

Thanks for your reply...and, I'm glad you only have some throbbing, B1rdie.

Warmly,

F