brands of Xanax which is best? Please - going to start taper soon

[Ma...]

Hi -

I have been taking Greenstone alprazolam for several years and all of a sudden i find my pharmacy does not carry it and can't get it.  I have a choice of Sandoz or Activas.  Does anyone know which is closest to the real Xanax?  I am starting a taper and just found out from my CVS they can now only get Activas, but the Walgreens I have gone to carries Sandoz. 

Could I please have opinion on which brand works most like name brand Xanax?  I hope to stick to the same brand during a taper as I know some of them differ in how they work.

Thank you!

Do doctors still write prior authorizations for drugs?  Once a few years ago pharmacy was out of name brand xanax and tried to give me another brand,  My dr, wrote a prior authorization for me and I got the name brand from the drugstore.  Greenstone is the only brand of alpraz. I can take without more withdrawal sxs.  I hope it wil work,  My doctor is very good about writing scripts since I never abuse the quantity and usually have some left after a month is up.

Thank you

My insurance still requires prior authorization and I believe your doctor can write the script detailing no substitution of generic but not sure if they can specify a brand.

I’m also not sure what brand members can agree on to be better, I wonder if you could use these search functions to find mention of these specific brands? http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0