Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

It is with great pleasure that I announce..

[B1...]

I had my first window day today!! As you can see in my signature I am struggling with OCD during this process, but today I had my first decent day since this whole process started. The thoughts were still there but I felt so much further away from them even while they were there looping away. And the thoughts decreased very much in frequency and how much they upset me. I laughed today, I smiled, I could feel happy energy in my brain and in my body. I had energy and very little anxiety. Even though I have been pushing myself to leave the house everyday, today I did it with much much less fear. I felt more connected to my family, I didn't feel as much envy towards other people. When I had flashbacks, they didn't linger or hit me emotionally as hard. I cried tears of EMPATHY for a stranger on the internet, completely unrelated to benzos/OCD. I held my dog tightly and felt some joy in doing so. I didn't feel like an absolute outsider looking into the world. If this is a glimpse of what is to come, I will keep holding on for as long as it takes.

Wow B1rdie, this is wonderful news, yes that sure is a glimpse of the future, it brings us such hope.

Wishing you more windows, keep holding on, keep moving forward, one day the window will stay open!

Magrita :smitten: