Interdose withdrawal, please help

[Za...]

Hello,

I am experiencing interdose withdrawal. I had to hold my dose for 5 weeks because of changes in other medication. Since yesterday my symptoms worsen, anxiety worsens, I am agitated and have weak legs.

I take klonopin at 9PM. And the symptoms get better. I cut and weigh the pill.

I am really scared that my nervous system is destabilized because of all the drug changes. I am getting worse. I was even considering rehab… but I don’t want to do it. But I am home alone and I don’t know how to make it.

Now I am afraid that cutting the pill isn’t that accurate. And the tablet isn’t soluble in water… I cannot make precise doses. Or is there anybody who used Roche klonopin tablets in water?

What should I do? Keep the dose? Should I try to split the dose into two doses? (Although I don’t know how.. with the knife and scales). I am still at 0.177 but I don’t stabilize, it is getting worse. How can I taper the rest when I get worse on this dose? How do people taper when they have interdose withdrawals?

Please help!

I don't think after one day we can conclude it's interdose withdrawal, especially with your level of anxiety. It might be the anxiety causing the increase in symptoms. It's better to wait and see if it truly is interdose withdrawal before making any changes. I tried to change my doses without having interdose withdrawal and I got really sick. I had to change back to a single dose again, as I was way too sick splitting it up. We need to wait and see what happens over a period of time. But I'm really concerned about your anxiety because it's hard to determine what symptoms are caused by your drugs and what are caused by your anxiety.

I've said this before,  my worst enemy is anxiety. If I have anxiety my symptoms get so much worse and it can even trigger a wave of a couple of hours or days. Have you ever had therapy for your anxiety? You said you had this issue prior to benzo's?

Thanks, Jelly.

Yes. My anxiety is really horrible. It results from childhood trauma. I try all the techniques (EFT, meditation, relaxation..) and it still doesn’t help. It can be the cause of all the symptoms.

Before benzos, these techniques worked. Now they don’t.

I have just taken my dose and 20 minutes ago and I feel the anxiety getting a little better already.

I have therapy but probably not a good one. We just talk!

If it is interdose, what should I do?

Jelly is providing sage advice, she’s been through this so I’d listen to her and give yourself more time before making anymore changes.  I know we want to fix things when we see a problem but the trouble is, we don’t know what is causing the problem so our fixes could end up causing even more problems.

One of our most important tools is patience, and I know its incredibly difficult to be patient when you’re so anxious and feeling so awful but its important to practice it so you don’t make your situation worse. 

I live alone too, and I was so fearful of everything, this is what the drug does to us but you will survive this.  Yes, you’re miserable and uncomfortable but this is the price of freedom and trust me when I say this, its worth it.

You mentioned you used to be able to use tools to help with your anxiety, please continue trying them.  They may not be as effective as they once were but the simple act of trying will allow you to feel you have some control and we need that. 

My suggestion for now is to hold and try not to worry about interdose, pill splitting or weighing, this is only making you more anxious.  When the time comes for you to move forward, we can take you through it step by step. 

Thanks for replies.

Today I did my best, meditated, did EFT tapping. Anxiety was bad but not as terrifying. Then I went for a walk and I am in severe panic. I had a problem to leave the house, to go outside. I didn’t have this before. It is 3:30 PM, I take the dose in the evening, at 9. I really think this is interdose withdrawal.

What should I do? Please help.

At these lower doses things can get a little harder as our bodies try to adjust…. Are you using a scored (line in middle) tablet for your dry taper?

Also are you cutting other meds during this too? When I came off trazodone I had anxiety pick up s lot too.

Hang in there, kee doing the coping skills even if they don’t appear to be working. Having that routine to walk some, do some meditations to try to calm your system, use an ice pack maybe on back of neck or held against tummy with cloth and feel the cooler sensations. This can be so hard but you’re going to get there. How long have you been holding at .177mg? I always questioned if I’d do better with two doses bc I dose at 10pm every night only and after switching to a compound liquid things got a bit more manageable for me so I never changed (bc sleep was so hard for me so I didn’t want to split some of the night dosing).

Sending hugs your way!!!! JB and Oamster have great advice so keep reaching out as you need to!

Thank you, Boges!

I have been holding at 0.177 for five weeks.. because I had to get rid of lexapro.

And now I am afraid of this interdose withdrawal. Do you use the liquid? We don’t have any solution to dissolve the tablets in, I am in the Czech Republic and I don’t know how to do it. The pills don’t disperse in water. And I can’t drink milk. And yes, I use tablets with the line in the middle.

Most benzo’s don’t dissolve in water, or any solution but they do break down into a suspension that you just have to agitate before pulling your excess.  Then after you drink the contents of the container, you add a bit more water and drink that to make sure got the little bits clinging to the side of the container.