4 weeks use withdrawal has anyone experienced this?

[He...]

First of all I have to explain my situation, I never were diagnosed with anything I just in my own took Xanax recreationally, the worst thing I could have done in my life, I was taking Xanax here and there whenever me and my boyfriend get into fights or if anything out of my comfort zone I took a pill and it’s been going in for on and off maybe once a week maybe twice sometimes more sometimes less, I wasn’t on any other medication either, I was taking Prozac for years but I quit those as well like a year ago.

I took Xanax for 3 weeks maybe a bit more then I stopped and right now it’s been almost 10 days and I’m going through hell, I have extreme anxiety which maybe goes away few minutes but it comes back with the smallest event which I was doing before happily and everything feels absolutely horrible everything feels like torture working out cooking waking up shower cleaning everything makes me anxious. I feel like I’m living in another world which nothing matters all I want is to feel normal, is that even possible? Is it even possible to feel this much withdrawal from 4 weeks use? I took 1mg everyday 0.5 in the morning and 0.5 at night. I’m so desperate to know will this end? Or was I depressed or anxious before? I can’t remember because of course I wasn’t the happiest person either but right now this is hell I was able to go through my days only some days before my period I was but right now I feel like I was always depressed and anxious and crazy but I know I wasn’t this way. I don’t know this is my first time writing here but nobody talks about like short term like a month use and withdrawal from that. Is this withdrawal or I’m just this way, I cry every 5 minutes for no reason I had muscle ache wrist and neck pain I have lost my appetite fully I can’t sleep as before and I feel like I’m dying everything feels extreme anyways I need help for sure and I just want to know if anybody else experienced this?

Help seeker,

Welcome to the forum!

You admit taking benzos with out a prescription, now is not the time to beat yourself up about that. You are now in a place, here on the forum, where people understand what you are going through.

You are in withdrawal from Xanax, and a cold turkey as well. Sudden cessation of benzos can bring on some strong symptoms. And yes, three plus weeks of use can cause withdrawal.

The good thing. Is that your use was fairly short. However it may take a while for your system to reset, to recover.

What you are feeling is normal for benzo withdrawal. At this point, try to be gentle with yourself and avoid pushing yourself. With time things will settle, but right now at 10 days off, the symptoms can be the strongest. It will be ok.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hi I got very sick on this benzo after 5 days of use so three weeks use can lead to withdrawal yes. Most short term users seem to be lucky and have faster healing (Im not that luckyl). At least you're off the drugs already. It will get better.

Thank you so much for you replies, I wake up every morning crying and walking around and in the evening I’m a bit better but the thoughts won’t leave me alone. I lost my appetite to zero almost and my stomach hurts most of the time I am 40 years old and I have very I these pms and I keep thinking what if this is just me getting old and what if this is menopause, because I took Xanax here and there right now for almost a year like for example once or twice a week or sometimes more and then I started taking it for 3 weeks daily so I don’t know I have a loving supporting boyfriend and I even question my relationship as weather it’s the reason for me being this way?

I read my diaries and there are days I had the same depsression and symptoms before my period and I keep thinking what if this is not Xanax withdrawal and what if it’s just me and I’m this way and became this way and stay this way. I just don’t know if I ever going to be normal or get rid of this extreme anxiety but I’m so thankful for your answers and it helps me a lot