Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

general

[to...]

I've been feeling incredibly exhausted lately. At times, it feels like there's a throbbing sensation in my back. It's unbearable, so I've been increasing the dosage, but I don't think this is the right solution. However, I can't endure this fatigue. Is there any way to alleviate this exhaustion?

Hi tokkoro, could you fill in your signature so we can see what medication you’re on without having to go back through your posts, it helps us help you.  I did read back though and saw you’re tapering, my suggestion would be to hold rather than go up in dose, oftentimes this will help resolve whatever issue you’re dealing with.  Apart from that though, its common to be faced with symptoms, not many of us can get out of this without discomfort so I hope you’ll continue to travel in the right direction which will take you to benzo freedom.

Hi tokkoro

I am sorry you’re dealing with pain and  exhaustion.  We all suffer with muscle and nerve pain, I had dreadful fatigue some days it was difficult to keep my eyes open. I was so tired  yet doing nothing, I remember the times I climbed my staircase and had to rest on the bed before I could come down again.  I don’t think you’ll find anything  that will relieve these symptoms. Time is our healer,  remind yourself that symptoms are temporary.  I would try not to go backwards I would hold a little longer rather than updosing.

If I remember rightly you’ve been tapering since 2021, were are you at now?  If you could  add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Magrita :smitten: