Sciatica?

[Ga...]

I have sciatica going down my left leg which gets worse if I don't do my exercise on my elliptical trainer.   

I have sciatica going down my left leg which gets worse if I don't do my exercise on my elliptical trainer. 

Hi AchuM, welcome to BenzoBuddies.  Feel free to start a thread so we can get to know your story and hopefully help you.

Pamster

Do you think it was brought on by benzo withdrawal?

I never had problems with sciatica until years after my recovery from benzodiazepines, I don’t personally feel there’s a connection between them but just about anything is possible with benzos.  :tickedoff:

Withdrawal can cause it INDIRECTLY. My muscles and joints are so tight and spasmy right now that everything is out of alignment. Benzos relax muscles. Removing them has caused me tremendous tension which causes the piriformis muscles or glutes AND psoas to lockup...

very very painful

I am doing yoga and walking for sciatica. It comes and goes. I’m 2 1/2 years off so who knows what has caused this, but I also have a lot of muscle tightness. Pelvic floor has been an issue so I would imagine that’s where the sciatica is from. I have an ice pack in the waistband of my pants quite often.