Taper SSRI AND Benzo ?

[Ao...]

Hi guys

Can anyone help?

I am at 9mg DIAZ day - down from 15 mg DIAZ day. Taken me over 2 years to get this far.

Was going okay with taper  ( just recently  ! )  til they changed my SSRI ( Zoloft/Sertraline)  to the cheap generic one, not the Branded one that was giving me no issues. Now I am having side effects form the generic SSRI and want to get off it.

1. Should I  try and get off it while tapering a Benzo ?

2. Should I stop the Benzo withdrawal, and try to get off the SSRI ? ( Will go to my Dr re this)

3. Start tapering off the SSRI while I taper the Benzo as I  feel like total crap anyway when I cut the Benzo .

I am fearful of depression if I taper the SSRI,  I have had two times recently while tapering the Benzo , that I have had suicide ideation and feelings of complete hopelessness and depression. It does seem to lift reasonably quickly. Comes on out of no where then goes after few days...just had it yesterday ..see how long it takes to go ...

I could go to my Dr and ask but honestly don't trust them as far as I can throw them to know what they are talking abt with these Psych meds.

Thanks SO much

• 2 weeks later...
I’m sorry it’s taken so long for a reply, have you made any changes yet?  We don’t advise tapering more than one medication at a time and if you’re experiencing these symptoms, I sure wouldn’t taper from the SSRI.  Can you get the name brand medication, that seems like the better choice.