Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

HOW DO U KNOW IF YOU'RE TOO SICK TO START/CONTINUE TAPER. HEALTH GUIDELINES PLZ!

[Ti...]

I've been held on a taper now for a year and a half due to being so sick, life or death sick. Idk what to do, idk how much my psych np knows, he's not the original who prescribed it, messed me up, and also not the one who tapered me very dangerously. Dangeorus for me anyway In my health state before the taper, I was already in interdose withdrawal and having severe health issues from it when I was forced on a taper, I had no idea what the Xanax was causing becuz I was sick with so much . Now I'm worse from that taper, it's like im too sick to stay on or get off it, I left a new post recently, I have so many questions, im in a life or death situation right now, plz see my post about how thin I am and sick, I just updated my forum profile so others could see what im dealing with. New here. Very scared and hoping for help.  :'(

You are in a tough situation and I feel for you because I have been through it too. I needed to go to Johns Hopkins to get off the benzos and get treated for depression. Just a thought. You may benefit from inpatient treatment, but a comprehensive one not community detox imo.

I can't travel, I'm too sick, would need to be medical transport somehow, I'm nowhere near the east coast, hospitals detox people is the problem. I don't know of anything else they do.

I'm sorry you feel so crappy and have lost a bunch of weight. Maybe a mellow sedating AD which improves appetite and mood such as an old fashioned tricyclic or remeron may be something to consider, to help you perk up get some sleep, gain a few pounds and help you get back on track. The harsh stomach upsetting stimulating ones are to be avoided imo (thats most of them).