Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I promise you it gets better

[tr...]

Haven't been on here in ages....I'm 3 yrs 3 mo's post jump. Gawd what a nightmare it was.

I cannot say I'm 100 percent yet, bc I still have sensitivities - BUT holy crap I am way more functional than I ever thought I'd be. It felt like I would never heal. I came off psyche meds and did a rapid off ativan.

My life is very full, I work 3 days + now and manage our household. We have other projects going on as well.

I'm in perimenopause and have had covid multiple times - AND I STILL IMPROVED.

Its a journey, be patient and listen to all of us who have gone before you...you will improve.

Gentle and slow ok? Eat as clean as possible, and take walks. If you're at the place where even brushing your teeth is monumentally hard - it will get better. Your suffering is temporary.

And I can nap......sleep comes back. I have physical endurance again. My job is stressful and I manage it. But I have learned to pick and choose my battles and say no to things to stay in a good place.

Your job is to get through the day and choose to live. You are living for the day when this is behind you - bc it will be. Your future is brighter.

I was so blessed to have such supportive ppl that I found on here. Knowing that I was not alone was a lifesaver.

You can do this:)

hugs,

Trina75

• Like 2

I sent you a long pm., but so happy to see this story of your healing.  We started our benzo journey together and we have shared many posts over the past three years.  You helped me so much with your positive and caring words through all the windows and waves we sometimes experienced at the same times.

I am beyond happy for you, Trina, I truly am♥️

Hugs,

GG

Trina!!!!!  We have missed you.  So happy to hear you are doing well.  Boy, did I need to hear this.  Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know how you are doing!!!!  I have thought of you lately because I have had to have some dental work and I remember you had a rough time at one of your dental appts!  Sorry to bring up a bad memory.  I am 39 months off and hoping upon hope that I will soon feel better.  Have been in a long wave!  I know it is not always easy to come back in the forum, so I appreciate you doing this!!!

Trina,

I’m so happy to hear how well you are doing! You got support from many people here, but you also gave support to members. Thanks for this post and thanks for stopping back.

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

This was a welcome read this morning! Trina, I’ve followed along on your journey, SO happy that you are seeing the light! My counsellor told me last week, ‘this is not a cave. This is a tunnel. There is an exit, be patient’

Thought that was awesome.

Keep going! 🌸

First I want to say that I am so happy that you’re doing so much better. I saw in your story that you said that you could nap again. Was sleep an issue for you? It is a huge issue for me. I sleep so little at night that I will exhausted during the day and my brain will try to nod off only to be jerked back awake. How long did take you to be able to nap again again. How long did it take for you to able to sleep again properly. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

So nice to hear from some familiar names! And grateful for the new ones!

This is for Xray....

Sleep. Omg. The stupid benzo that I took to "help" sleep eventually had me waking every 2 hrs with nightmares and then I just couldn't sleep at all. Eventually realized so many of my problems were the ativan. Got off of it. Sleep came back in small increments and I struggled with crazy dreams for awhile. I think when it came back I was super excited just to get 4 hrs straight...then 5..etc.

I think my first nap was about year 2 after my last dose. It was an afternoon and I just was comfy on my bed and I drifted off. When I woke I was crying for joy bc I realized I'd had my first nap in ages! mind you another nap did not happen for awhile after that - but it gave me hope.

Gawd the worst was feeling my body's cortisol surge very darn morning. The only time I feel it now is if i've had a virus and my nervous system is inflammed - so then I feel it a bit again. but its night and day from where it was.

I sleep pretty hard now. A solid 7 hrs.:)

Sleep will come back but healing from these meds is like the slowest healing process ever. Surrender to the process - it will happen.

Hugs,

Trina

Thank you so much for this post! How long was your medication setback? We’re you ever bedridden or nonfunctional?

Thank you again-I believe I have read this 50 times!!

Dear Trina, thank you so much for for coming back and spending hope❣️I am so happy that you are so much better🤗 I am one year behind you and still struggling and suffering a lot. But also have a few hours with less symptoms. Last sunday I went horseback riding for 20 minutes and today one week later couchbound again!??? Worst Symptom is pain, muscles (stiff and hurting, spasms) nerves (burning, tingling, stinging) bones (dull pulling) because of that little sleep. For the last 4 nights 4 hours 😊 but last night akathisia came back with only one hour of sleep 😰 It’s so hard and discouraging feeling a bit better then bang back to the start… I know it isn’t but at the moment it feels like it 😵‍💫 I wish you all the best 😘🍀

I’m also proof it does get better. Even after a severe antibiotic setback I’m pretty healed 6 years off. Glad to see you’re doing better!