Tetanus vax?

[da...]

I am only on Inderall now for a few months after a drug-merry go around after stopping Lex, Xan, and Wellbutrin last year. So, I've been psych med free for 3.5 months and at times it had been hell between the side effects, adverse reactions, and withdrawl- I've had everything from akithisia, dp, anhedonia, no libido, severe insomnia, anger, twitching, etc. You know how it is. Lately, I was having weeks on end of feeling better- not fully me, but closer! Was feeling eager to do certain things and enjoy some things, and sleeping better.

Well, stabbed my heel with a furniture staple yesterday and while the wound is minor, I am concerned about tetanus. It's been over ten years since my last booster and my withdrawl brain won't let me stop imagining myself dying from tetanus in agony or dying from vaccine effects/set back. I am scared out of my gourd.

Have people needed to get a tetanus shot and been okay? i just can't imagine going back to feeling the worst or even worse... Feeling stuck.

Did the wound bleed? If so, that is good because it can clean the stab. Long before I was on benzos I had a tetanus shot in order to be able to volunteer at a children’s hospital. I did feel fluey for  a day or so and my arm was quite sore. It didn’t last though and then I was fine. You might check with your doctor about whether you might need a tetanus shot.

pianogirl  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
I had a tetanus shot a year after I jumped off my Xanax. I didn’t have any setbacks but did have a day of feeling fluish and tired. It didn’t rev up any withdraws symptoms or anything like that. Good luck.

• Popular Now