Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

In addition to drinking more water, any BB-approved OTC tummy remedies?

[Ke...]

Good afternoon, BB’s. Does anyone take over-the-counter medicine, such as Pepto-Bismol, for moderate benzo belly symptoms like diarrhea, nausea, bloating, etc.? I don’t want to take these unless absolutely necessary, but when I get extremely uncomfortable, I’d like to have an option or two on reserve. Between the belly and the heavy fatigue, I’m doing all I can to build up some strength to do tiny things around the house, and some days are better (or worse) than others. If anyone has good experiences with occasional OTC medicine use, would you please share them? Thanks so much, and as always, I’m so glad we’re all together here. ❤️ Kessie

I used pepto several times without problems. And I tell you Im very sensitive to everything.

The ones we have to be carefull with are gabaergic type of substances like turmeric,chammomile, Hibiscuous and certain vitaimnes. Of course everybody is different and react differently.

Mice 

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions! I have ginger tea now…definitely helps enough to choose it over Pepto first. Much appreciated! 🥰

Oh good, ginger helps you! :) 

I use fennel powder a lot for stomach upset. 

Vitamin B6 helps me with nausea; I'm not sure if it is BB approved.

Calcium carbonate helps with diarrhea.

I never take Pepto, as it has never really helped me in any way, and it's constipating. 8)???