Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

1 Down, 1 to go.

[ia...]

I started to put this in the other thread but figured it would be moved here, so starting with this thread:

As I've shared with some of you, I was on both Diazepam AND Alprazolam. It's taken almost 9 months or so (I've lost track) to taper off the Diazepam, but while out of state and traveling two weeks ago... I stayed busy and just didn't feel the need to take the medication. This went on for three or four days. I jumped. I am Diazepam free. I’m doing ok!  I am still on about .24 m of Alprazolam. This post may be more relevant to women - and I'd like your feedback/input ladies if you can corroborate what I'm experiencing.

I'm still experiencing numbness/pins and needles in my extremities. I’m still struggling with digestion. The adrenaline surges are ramping up more. Sleep isn’t horrible but not great. The most concerning of the WD symptoms, is getting what I think, are hot flashes. Since being on the Benzos there have been some reproductive issues – specifically not getting my cycle. I’m actually concerned I might be going into pre-menopause. Are there any women who have lost their cycle but it returned long after healing from the benzos? I’m only 39 ☹  (Sorry guys for talking about this here – there’s literally nowhere else to find info on this, and physicians haven’t been able to provide any productive information.)

Congratulations on being off diazepam! That is a big accomplishment.

I’m glad you are doing ok, the symptoms you describe are pretty common.

I have heard of others who had cessation of their cycle during withdrawal. I can’t speak to this issue since I was menopausal during my withdrawal and recovery process. You are still quite young so I can’t help but feel that once your cns returns to balance, so will your other systems as well. Hopefully some younger members will offer their experience.

You are on the path to benzo freedom! I wish you all the best with the rest of your taper.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hi all,

Just trying again to see if anyone has ACTUAL experience they can share around hormones/losing their cycle and if it has returned? Thanks in advance for your help!