Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Jumping while I am sleeping

[Se...]

hi everybody

I would like to know if someone of you have ever felt when sleeping a very strong shocks in all body specially arms and legs due to a dream and then wake up suddenly and violently because a very real dream.

Is this o good symptom or means that  normal sleep recover its going to take more longer ? 

Thanks for replies

[f5...]
I would like to know if someone of you have ever felt when sleeping a very strong shocks in all body specially arms and legs due to a dream and then wake up suddenly and violently because a very real dream

Yes I have, it's like a jolt.

I would say if you're dreaming, you are healing.

I have had dreams all throughout my taper, some of them not too pleasant.

If Edgar Allan Poe was still living, he'd like me. ;)

S#

Yes Sigma0123 is like a jolt....... I didn't know the word but it is the right word for this symptom of healing.

I read you are on Clonopin taper, I bet your are now healing as well. I am now free of Clonazepam since March and every time I think about this I feel very proud of me and make me feel so responsible of my health. It is difficult but it worth

So you are in the right way to health !

Hi Sergio, I've had this happen on occasion. I've read others complain about this as well, along with muscle jerks now and then. I went away for me, I think it will for you too. 

Keep healing  :thumbsup:

[f5...]

Sergio,

No, I'm tapering Valium, but I'm getting there.

Yes, it's worth it in the end.

Hang in there, you're healing.

I have had this happen a lot, but it most often occurs when I am falling asleep more so than once I am asleep. It is almost like that transition phase between reality and dreamworld is where we are most vulnerable.  It is very scary and it takes a little while before I can regain my composure and assure myself that I am okay.  Dreams of tripping or falling are often the trigger for me.

Crono

i had giant jumps like electric shocks while w/d ing and for a couple of weeks after.  definitely benzo caused and definitely gone now.

thank you Crono

Yes, it happens when I am falling asleep but several times when I am already sleeping. I hope this could be a good symptom of recover

Sergio, that happens to me too, mostly when I'm falling asleep. Muscle jerks or electric shocks. At first it scared me a lot, until I realized that many people withdrawing from benzos get that. I do think it means you are healing and your body is trying to adjust back to its normal state.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Nicolette those words make feel better now.

I hope you are right and I will think as well I am healing. Now happends from time to time

thank you

This is probably myoclonus  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

I can get myoclonic jerks and hypnic jerks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Medication can cause this especially anti-depressants. You will seldom see it as a listed side effect and in the past doctors were puzzled by my reaction to ssri's and snri's. It is a bit of a hidden bother as no doctor will ever warn of it but it happens. I honestly suspect your lexapro as you are off benzos which are the prescription medicine first used here for such ailments. It is a side effect not a disease and I do not myself think it is part of the healing process.