Hold and cut every two weeks??

[Br...]

Hello friends! So grateful for this support system 💓

I am again being pressured/forced to get off meds. My pcp will only give me one full refill and then a half. So I've made a plan to get off in the 13 weeks I have left with klonopin. If the plan seems too fast please tell me. I don't know where I can go to get more pills, if I should just keep looking for another psychiatrist or what. My initial one forced me off and now my pcp is doing the same.

I'm currently on .2mg klonopin. My plan would be to go down .025 every two weeks until I'm done. I was going down .025 every 3 to 6 days which I've been informed by you all and my body that that was far too fast. I had to updose, as you see in my signature. I am just wondering if this is too fast as well. I don't want to have extreme withdrawal symptoms so bad I have to updose again.

I think 13 weeks is too fast if you want to go according to your symptoms. To give you an idea, it took me around 16 weeks to get off 0.125mg.

If you don't have a choice then you'll do the best you can but you can't control the severity of symptoms on a limited supply. It would help if you can keep looking for someone to prescribe. Some people have said nurse practitioners are good. I don't know if that could be an option?