Symptoms-Can You Relate?

[ne...]

Reaching out for some support. I'm just over 6 months off.

I deal with a lot of physical symptoms. What bothers me the most right now are these two issues:

1. I always have weird sensations in my brain (vibrating, shaking, not just being still). After any activity, if I go to sit, I can guarantee I'll start feeling the brain squeezing/pressure even more and I feel the tension/squeezing throughout my body as well. If I stand up or do stuff it triggers the sensations as well. It's VERY frustrating as woking out hard is out of the question due to feeling off and brain sick.

2. During the night, when I'm asleep, is when my neuropathy symptoms REALLY take off. Tingling, burning, numbness in all limbs, pulse feeling in my head, pressure/squeezing in my body, etc. Does anyone else get these symptoms MORE pronounced during the night? Thankfully I can sleep but if I wake up on my own OR the symptoms wake me up, they're blaring.

This is wearing on me having dealt with all of this for over a year since this nightmare began. I just wish it ebbed and flowed but nope-I'm very consistent with symptoms. I can function better than very early on but I am with symptoms all day/night and obviously it's very sad to feel cruddy all the time.

Reaching out for some support. I'm just over 6 months off.

I deal with a lot of physical symptoms. What bothers me the most right now are these two issues:

1. I always have weird sensations in my brain (vibrating, shaking, not just being still). After any activity, if I go to sit, I can guarantee I'll start feeling the brain squeezing/pressure even more and I feel the tension/squeezing throughout my body as well. If I stand up or do stuff it triggers the sensations as well. It's VERY frustrating as woking out hard is out of the question due to feeling off and brain sick.

2. During the night, when I'm asleep, is when my neuropathy symptoms REALLY take off. Tingling, burning, numbness in all limbs, pulse feeling in my head, pressure/squeezing in my body, etc. Does anyone else get these symptoms MORE pronounced during the night? Thankfully I can sleep but if I wake up on my own OR the symptoms wake me up, they're blaring.

This is wearing on me having dealt with all of this for over a year since this nightmare began. I just wish it ebbed and flowed but nope-I'm very consistent with symptoms. I can function better than very early on but I am with symptoms all day/night and obviously it's very sad to feel cruddy all the time.

I know its hell, but a year off is considered early. Most people recover in 2 to 3 years time. Your symptoms may not abate at the moment, but the human brain in withdrawal has a way of "working behind the scenes" so you might very well wake up one day and feel better. Some peoples symptoms wax and wane, some get better slowly and some get a healing surge at some point. I belive in your recovery, as I had seen many people heal before you. Just know things will get better. All the best to you.

Nervouswreck, Mascha…….  I know we all have these severe head and muscular symptoms.  Our posts, while the descriptions are not exactly the same, are very similar.  It’s just the benzo injury. 

The vibrating and pulsing brain, squeezing/pressure…yes, big time

Often these symptoms do peak at night before going to bed which I think is largely a culmination of the day’s activities.  Physical activity, no matter how small, even just walking in and out of grocery store, can exacerbate all this but I’ve got to live at least a little and pass the time or I’ll go crazy.  Just the more I move around over the course of the day sort of escalates the symptoms.  Typically, in the morning after some sleep, they have come back down again.

I have the same symptoms.

I just spoke to a person who told me after 24 months this was allll gone

God I hope so.  I’ve read a lot of posts where people seem to have very little healing, or at least are in bad shape, for most of the first year, and then things really start to turn around in the 10-14 month time period.  I’m almost 9 months off and hope that’s coming sooner than later.  Nervouswreck and mascha, y’all both seem to about 7 months off so let’s hope we all start to see it soon.

Pretty much all my symptoms seem to get worse before they get better.  At 2-3 months off the muscular and head symptoms were 25-50% what they are now, and less chronic, but man I was getting some serious spikes of sheer panic and terror then, as well as some really bad depressive episodes.  Those seem to have evened out a good bit for me, but at 5-6 months out the muscular crap and head symptoms really took over.  I think our brains and bodies are trying to figure out how to fix a lot of crap at the same time.

It helped to read these posts just now and I am glad we can relate to one another though I wish the reason was a positive! Hang in there you guys. We will just keep trucking and I so hope we feel some relief soon. <3

I feel so bad for those of you who took this stuff for a few months and got wrecked with symptoms.  I was on it every day for 20 years.  Granted, I did start experiencing some stuff like mild fatigue very early on (which I was told was depression) but it was many years before my life was a total wreck.

I am now close to month 7 ,

Exactly what you said the musclular shit is getting worse

Trouble waking

And…

I gained 60 pounds in total being on the meds I gained 20 and tapering 40!!!!

I was slim and now I look like someone who eat mc Donald all day long😂😂😂

But hey , it’s my least concern

• 3 weeks later...
My really only lingering symptom after my taper and jumping from K a month ago is the muscle pain and numb hands and painful forearm.  I know I should be grateful but I want to cry everyday because I can’t draw or do many of the things I used to because my hand doesn’t work.  Those things bring me joy.  I feel you and I just try and distract but it’s oh so hard.  I feel doomed to never working again. 

I can relate to these weird brain sensations. I have the weird buzzing vibration and the sense of it being full or about to pop. I guess that’s the pressure. It’s not constant but comes in waves and sometimes it’s worse than others. I’m almost 2 years off and praying this goes away soon.