BACLOFEN used for Valium withdrawal? CHAT-AI says yes.

[Ke...]

I did some research using that CHAT-AI software. I asked the simple question 'Can Baclofen be used for Valium withdrawal?' It responded:

(apologies for the lengthy quoted response - but it verbatim from the CHAT-AI software)

can baclofen be used for diazepam withdrawal - asked it 3 times:

1-Yes, baclofen can be used for diazepam withdrawal. Baclofen is a medication primarily used to treat muscle spasms, but it has also been studied and used off-label for the management of various substance use disorders, including benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Diazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medications and is commonly used to treat anxiety, seizures, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal. However, it can also lead to dependence and withdrawal symptoms when used for an extended period.

Baclofen has shown promise in managing benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, including reducing anxiety, insomnia, and cravings. It acts on GABA receptors in the brain, similar to benzodiazepines, but with a different mechanism of action. It can help mitigate withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of seizures during the withdrawal process.

2-Yes, baclofen can be used to help manage diazepam (Valium) withdrawal. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant and antispasmodic medication that also has some anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties. It works by acting on GABA receptors in the central nervous system, similar to diazepam.

When a person is dependent on diazepam and decides to stop taking it, they may experience withdrawal symptoms due to the sudden decrease or cessation of the drug. These withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous, so medical supervision is recommended during the withdrawal process.

Baclofen has been studied and used in the treatment of benzodiazepine withdrawal, including diazepam. It can help reduce withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, muscle spasms, tremors, and insomnia. Baclofen can be prescribed in tapering doses to gradually reduce the dependence on diazepam and manage the withdrawal symptoms effectively.

3-Yes, baclofen can be used for diazepam (Valium) withdrawal. Baclofen is a medication that primarily acts as a muscle relaxant and is also used for the treatment of spasticity. However, it has also been investigated and used off-label for various other conditions, including substance use disorders and withdrawal syndromes.

Diazepam is a benzodiazepine medication commonly prescribed for anxiety, seizures, and muscle spasms. When someone is physically dependent on diazepam and needs to stop taking it, they may experience withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, tremors, and seizures. Baclofen has been studied as a potential treatment for benzodiazepine withdrawal, including diazepam.

Research suggests that baclofen may help reduce withdrawal symptoms and assist in the detoxification process for benzodiazepines, including diazepam. It is believed to work by acting on GABA receptors in the brain, similar to how benzodiazepines like diazepam work. Baclofen's action on GABA receptors may help alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms associated with diazepam discontinuation.

It's important to note that the use of baclofen for benzodiazepine withdrawal should be done under medical supervision. The dosage and duration of treatment should be determined by a healthcare professional experienced in addiction medicine or psychiatry. They can assess your specific situation, evaluate the potential benefits and risks, and provide guidance on the most appropriate treatment plan for you.

END OF CHATBOT-AI RESPONSES

I did some research using that CHAT-AI software. I asked the simple question 'Can Baclofen be used for Valium withdrawal?' It responded:

(apologies for the lengthy quoted response - but it verbatim from the CHAT-AI software)

can baclofen be used for diazepam withdrawal - asked it 3 times:

1-Yes, baclofen can be used for diazepam withdrawal. Baclofen is a medication primarily used to treat muscle spasms, but it has also been studied and used off-label for the management of various substance use disorders, including benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Diazepam belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medications and is commonly used to treat anxiety, seizures, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal. However, it can also lead to dependence and withdrawal symptoms when used for an extended period.

Baclofen has shown promise in managing benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, including reducing anxiety, insomnia, and cravings. It acts on GABA receptors in the brain, similar to benzodiazepines, but with a different mechanism of action. It can help mitigate withdrawal symptoms and reduce the risk of seizures during the withdrawal process.

2-Yes, baclofen can be used to help manage diazepam (Valium) withdrawal. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant and antispasmodic medication that also has some anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) properties. It works by acting on GABA receptors in the central nervous system, similar to diazepam.

When a person is dependent on diazepam and decides to stop taking it, they may experience withdrawal symptoms due to the sudden decrease or cessation of the drug. These withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous, so medical supervision is recommended during the withdrawal process.

Baclofen has been studied and used in the treatment of benzodiazepine withdrawal, including diazepam. It can help reduce withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, muscle spasms, tremors, and insomnia. Baclofen can be prescribed in tapering doses to gradually reduce the dependence on diazepam and manage the withdrawal symptoms effectively.

3-Yes, baclofen can be used for diazepam (Valium) withdrawal. Baclofen is a medication that primarily acts as a muscle relaxant and is also used for the treatment of spasticity. However, it has also been investigated and used off-label for various other conditions, including substance use disorders and withdrawal syndromes.

Diazepam is a benzodiazepine medication commonly prescribed for anxiety, seizures, and muscle spasms. When someone is physically dependent on diazepam and needs to stop taking it, they may experience withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, tremors, and seizures. Baclofen has been studied as a potential treatment for benzodiazepine withdrawal, including diazepam.

Research suggests that baclofen may help reduce withdrawal symptoms and assist in the detoxification process for benzodiazepines, including diazepam. It is believed to work by acting on GABA receptors in the brain, similar to how benzodiazepines like diazepam work. Baclofen's action on GABA receptors may help alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms associated with diazepam discontinuation.

It's important to note that the use of baclofen for benzodiazepine withdrawal should be done under medical supervision. The dosage and duration of treatment should be determined by a healthcare professional experienced in addiction medicine or psychiatry. They can assess your specific situation, evaluate the potential benefits and risks, and provide guidance on the most appropriate treatment plan for you.

END OF CHATBOT-AI RESPONSES

Hopefully you’ll listen the buddies who have experience with this medication.

• Wow 1

I've heard Baclofen causes wd symptoms that can be just as bad as benzo when you want to stop using it.

I guess if your life depends on some relief I can understand trying it, but make the choice wisely and only if you are desperate.  I would hate to see you suffer even more.

• Like 1

I’d be curious to know if you can have tolerance withdrawals with it, or if it really is as damaging of a drug as benzos.  If not, then it seems like it might not be a bad consideration.

Hi, Key West,

I had responded to a previous thread of yours regarding my experience with baclofen, however, I will repost here for anyone reading this thread and interested in the topic/medication.

I would not recommend taking it.  I was prescribed Baclofen prior to adding valium for muscle issues in late 2020.  The baclofen worked like a charm for a few weeks for my muscle issues.  I and doctors thought we had found my "cure all".  Well fast forward 2-3 months and it stopped working, which in hindsight was due to tolerance, and my doctors then added Valium to the mix which again helped me for awhile alongside the Baclofen.  I then developed tolerance to the valium (albeit over longer time frame than baclofen).  I now plan to taper baclofen at some point in the future knowing what I now know.  The baclofen does not seem to be helping me (in anyway that I can notice) in regards to my valium taper (or otherwise). 

I had been on baclofen for years for my MS symptoms. I was taking up to 60 mg per day.  I had absolutely no trouble weaning from it. everyone is different though. Baclofen is an incredibly safe medicine for most people.