Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Did I mess it up?

[Za...]

Thank you for replies! When I made the first cut, it was okay. Then I made another and I think it was also good but after I started Lexapro, I started to have problems.. agitation, brain fog. Lexapro also does this and it became worse after upping the dose.

I am on 11th day of the second cut of klonopin. I lowered lexapro today. I’ve been on lexapro for three weeks, only a very small dose, I am very sensitive.

Now I don’t know - should I cut klonopin as well? I don’t want to stay on the same dose for long, I am afraid of tolerance. I wasn’t using klonopin regularly but I use it everyday now, when I taper. I think I might have been tolerant for a lower dose.

I’ve read on Surviving Antidepressants that A/D’s can be activating, not sure what that means but what you’re describing may fit with that scenario.  It sounds like a good idea to lower and discontinue the Lexepro but honestly, I’m not worried about you staying on the Klonopin while you do it because I don’t think it will take you very long to get off the Lexepro.  Only being on for 3 weeks should allow you to discontinue it in a couple of weeks I’d think.  The two reductions you’ve made of Klonopin since you were discovered you were tolerant will hold you over until you can begin tapering again.  You should be fine. :thumbsup:

I think so too. Don't worry about becoming tolerant to the klonopin because you're tapering already anyway.  ;)

Thanks Pamster and Cocodot. I am not sure if I am tolerant.. but when I missed a day or two.. I felt like I needed the pill. Maybe I am tolerant to half my dose, to 0.125. But I am still at 0.177. Is that a problem? Shouldn’t I taper faster?

It sounds like your body is dependent, that would explain feeling like you needed the pill, this isn’t the same as being tolerant. 

If after you discontinue the Lexepro you feel like you need to speed up your taper then you can certainly look at that but not now, time to concentrate on the A/D.  And really, if your symptoms are mild enough you feel you can taper faster then you can do that, a symptom based taper is best.

What Pamster said! I got tolerant on day 5, started to have symptoms while on the same dose. But then again I was severly overmedicated and am extremely sensitive to every kind of med.