Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Having severe Depression HELP!

[Iw...]

I dont kno where to begin, Im right now at 14.5mg of valium and i juss made a .5 reduction  4 days ago, ive been dealing with real bad depression....i have no idea wat to do?!?!?? how to keep my mind busy? and i cant sleep cuz i  just start to cry cuz i think this is never goin to end as im reducing so slowly and still having depression! im only cuttin .5 every 10 days! Is there any supplements that i can take to help with my depression? Ive heard of St johns wort is that any help?????? im bound to try anything! I know it leaves but it comes back full throttle and when ur in the moment u dont kno what to do....im not sure if to get on an anti depressant but i think thats juss adding fuel to the fire! i cant help it that when i feel the depression i juss can stop thinkin bout it makin it worse  :'(....I get so scared with the thoughts that run through my head...maybe i should go to a detox idk i can deal with all the physical symptoms but the depression is just unreal! someone plz HELP!

I know exactly how you feel.as depression is the worst out of all this,comes with withdrawaland it chemical based

. can i ask a couple of questions?  Were you depressed before you went on Valium and how long you been on Valium as if you have grown tolerance to it, even though you are weening down slowly the depression is coming from you feeling hopeless, and scared which can bring on anxiety and the fact that you may have told friends or family and they don't understand how you feel makes it worse..I hope you have an understanding doctor that knows how you feel as a lot of people have been put on anti depressants, but that takes 14 to 20 days to get in system and may not be the answer...    While you are coming off Valium slowly it is the best way to go as i do 10 percent every two weeks and i am down to 10 milligram so basically cutting a tablet in quarter taking 5 milligram in morning and at moment 5 at night then in two weeks 5 in morning and 3 quarters of the tablet at night and so forth..i get with drawls anxiety depression light head all that horrible stuff. so i now have totally changed my focus i went to a special phyco therapist to train my mind to stop thinking of worry for the future and thinking of yesterday but live in the moment.... i have changed my diet to a protein diet no sugar, non caffeine, no milk etc and lots of soft music and found that no stimulants have helped and natural medicine that naturapaths can help with and they do work in my opinion... it is working for me and let me tell you tonight i feel rotten but other days i feel great ,,, so now instead of thinking that is weired i have trained my mind that SO WHAT MIND I AM IN CHARGE OF YOU, you are my servant, not my boss... and it bloody works...

This site is great for us as writing down exactly how you think and feel i like telling your problems to a phycologist except in this case any one you talk to here knows how you feel, where unless the phycologist was on Valium himself earlier in his career he will never understand or can empathise of how bad this can make you feel...

I never got prescribed valium as i was abusing xanax for about 6 months( so mad at myself for puttin myself in this position!  >:( )and tapering for about 9 months n switched over at 80mg (i really didnt kno what i was gettin myself into  :'(), idk y i switched over wit so much valium but i was getting it from the streets to taper, n no ive never had depression in my life and have never experienced a panic attck till i started to taper...n lk u said about the depressants it takes awhile to build up n thats not a road i really wanna take cuz then i will have to be tapering 2 drugs....N I REALLY DO NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TRAIN MY MIND, DO YOU HAVE ANY TECHNIQUES BESIDES THE ONE YOU GAVE ME, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL....what natural medicines are you taking? i kno every medicine isnt for everybody....and yea this site does work when you wanna take out your frustrations or just talk to somebody to find help it eases the mind....thanks for caring and replying as ive gotten no sleep and a lot of anxiety....n i get more depressed when im mainly alone or going to sleep when i have too much time to think to myself....its just hard cause since i got to 20mg it started wit the depression which i never felt before when i was tapering by lk 40mg lets say.... :-\

I also forgot to mention that my father did pass away about 2 months ago and fathers day is sunday, that might be contributing to the depression i already have  :'(....should i hold my taper for a bit??

Thanks again!

xanax is the worst and for you to get from 80milligram of Valium down to what you have now is amazing if i read that right...The problem is we never know what these drugs can do as they f--- with our head.... i have two remedies that may help one being a company called metogenics and the pill is called neurocalm which has all natural non addictive herbs in it including magnolia which with research has prov en a mild sedative and relaxant but non addictive  i take 3. 3 times a day with 2.o litres of water so of detox too... no coffee as it is a depressant and stimulant same as alcohol.. please don't take alcohol as it reacts with Valium big time.. i also purchased and CD called equinox from www.eocinstitute.org

there are 3 Cd's and i do a 25 minutes session every day through stereo head phones and i have found it amazing.... it is heard to tell you how or why but go to website and read and it is true what they say is works with brain waves...

You are right too your father is definitely helping towards anxiety...You know how to breath to get rid of anxiety  through your nose count to 3 once you breath in but must fill up bottom half of lungs    easy way to find out if you useinf right part of lungs is put hands on stomach when you lie down and your hands should rise..... so breath in 123 breath out 123  do this same process 6 times  then on the seventh be breath breath in and hold for 7 seconds then when you breath out say in your head you cant hurt me or this is natural or i feel safe or i Love my father    what ever it is make it your calling word do this process 3 times and each time relax more... Again it is all with training and you have to want to believe it works cause if you don't your mind will play tricks and you will end up worrying why this is not working and then you worry about worry and so forth.....I also go to a phyco therapist as they are fantastic at training minds about depression.....

[nobbc]www.metagenics.com.au[/nobbc]

in each country there might be slight variations in the name neurocalm but it all has the same effect   it says for depression anxiety and calmness... I am recommend to take 2 to 3      3 times a day    which i do and i feel a lot better for it.....   naturapaths over the world all recommend this programme but you cant buy it over the counter you must see a naturapath that has the metagenics programme.....

It is all about ultimate health and they found for me that getting this drug out of my system with less side affects is the way to go... but i am going there to lose weight and really focus on optimum health as we all know that we all got on benzos for a reason and once off do the original symptoms come back like anxiety of depression and i say yes.. so i am doing something about it even though i am still weening off the benzos Valium..I hate the pill so much but i gotta keep taking the poison as we all know to stop many with drawls

Deactivated commercial link per FUM