Adding antidepressants on top of my Valium taper

[TH...]

Hi, what are the best antidepressants to add on top of my Valium taper? I've heard about SSRI's and serotonin syndrome which I want to obviously avoid. Any advice would be greatful.

Some members will take gene tests, others have had past experience with A/D/‘s, others will experiment but a word of caution.  We don’t always react to medications like we normally would due to our sensitized central nervous system so start low and slow.

Hi, If I was in your shoes I would be really careful with adding an AD on top of a taper!  In benzo withdrawal you might react on it much more sensitive. It might fuel anxiety and W/D symptoms!

I hope you know that ADs can cause same w/d symptoms as benzos... in same intensity ...some people even say they had an easier time getting off a benzo... I don't want to scare you or tell you what to do... but -personally I am not a friend of ADs... they extremely amplified my panic disorder or setback after 7 years off and got me hooked on benzos again! (CYP2D6 poor metabolizer)

• 2 weeks later...
[45...]
I was put on sertraline while in benzo tolerance and it was pretty horrible due to the nasty side effects...