Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Palpitations

[Al...]

Hello everyone, sorry for yet another post, just curious if anyone else’s heart is leaping out of their chest, particularly at night it seems.

Very unpleasant as if I’m going over a speed bump in a car

Alexcambo91 - please don't apologize for posting!  A lot of members can probably relate about palpitations.  They can be really unnerving - I was tormented by them when I was in the thick of withdrawal.  They eased up over time as withdrawal symptoms do.

Here's what Dr. Ashton said about them in Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

"Palpitations, pounding heart, rapid pulse, flushing, sweating, and breathlessness are usual accompaniments of panic attacks, but may occur without panics. They do not signify heart or lung disease but are simply the expression of an overactive autonomic nervous system. Slow deep breathing and relaxation, as described under panic attacks, can do much to control these symptoms. Do not worry about them: they would be accepted as normal if you were running for a bus, and will do no more harm than if you really were!"

Yes, I share this also. I feel as though I'm extremely sensitive to all bodily sensations, so any increase in heart rate is magnified in my mind and I can sense each beat throughout every cell in my body. It's weird -- and unnerving.

This was one of the most annoying symptoms. It's normal. TBH I attributed my PVCs to the COVID boosters. Mine started after second dose, then went away somewhat, then resumed after the booster dose. It's been a while and I very rarely have them now.