Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Need support for tapering

[...]

Hi, I've been taking xanax for about 4 months now and trying to get off it. Started tapering of from 0.75 about a month ago but when I got to 0.25 I have ran into issues which I'd like to get support for.

Hello Mikl :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you found us.  This forum  is a great place for advice and support.  Check out the resources, post questions. You will get plenty of support and lots of encouragement to help you through this process.

In general it’s suggested to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days. Many find this rate is too fast especially at the lower doses. Take notice of your body if it’s symptomatic then reduce less, slow your taper down. Check out the taper plans board, and post to learn more about tapering.

If you haven’t read the Ashton Manual, I suggest you  check it out. You will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzodiazepines and the effect these drugs have on our body.  Chapter III helped me, reading about the possible withdrawal symptoms with explanations symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

You might like to post here:

Xanax Club

If you can please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita