Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Intro-Lorazepam for my catatonia

[br...]

Joining benzobuddies to hear about how other’s experienced similar situations to mine.

On lorazepam 1mg daily starting 4 months ago, now down to .25 mg per day. Not feelin too good:/

Originally took lorazepam to treat mild/moderate catatonia. The catatonia is coming back, but I’m being required by my dr to get off lorazepam, so here I am.

Hello brainfroggy23 - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

You've come to the right place for good information and support to help you with your taper off lorazepam.  We find that a careful taper can help keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.  We can help you with this.

Please explore the site and feel free to post with your questions.  Below are a few links you may want to start off with but please be sure to reach out for support.

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

Joining benzobuddies to hear about how other’s experienced similar situations to mine.

On lorazepam 1mg daily starting 4 months ago, now down to .25 mg per day. Not feelin too good:/

Originally took lorazepam to treat mild/moderate catatonia. The catatonia is coming back, but I’m being required by my dr to get off lorazepam, so here I am.

Welcome bud, like you I started out with a pretty, steep cut before I found BB.  I have learned from others that there are slower taper methods that are working for them with less withdrawal symptoms, I believe you are the right place ;) denise :):thumbsup: