Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Considering taper of loraz

[Sk...]

10 + years on loraz 2.5 mg

Hope to find courage to taper

after a surgery this summer.

That’s all I know to say right now. Thank you.. 

Hello Skyfall :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies.

We are glad you joined the forum today.  You’ve joined a very supportive community.  I hope you make the right decision for your future, I know you can do it, and I hope everything goes well with the surgery.  If you choose to go ahead with a taper, do some research on the forum before you decide on a taper plan.  You'll find plenty of information and receive lots of support along the way.  Post to any of the dedicated boards, our members are knowledgeable, and will help with any questions you might have. I will leave you with some information and links to resources you might wish to check out.

It’s generally suggested reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days,  many taper slower than that, it depends on withdrawal symptoms. Taper at a rate that’s comfortable, the goal is to remain functional.  Having some withdrawal symptoms is normal.  The most common symptoms are anxiety and insomnia.  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary and do go away with some time.

I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process. The manual includes a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations. . CHAPTER III

Here's a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

There is a support blog here dedicated to members who are tapering from ativanI. I will give you a link to it. I'm sure the members there will be happy to assist you with advice.

Ativan Tapering Thread

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita