Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Over one year tapering and still at it, one day at a time

[mx...]

Hello. I had been taking lorazepam 6 mg a day at least. For approximately 4 years. I've been on the recovery Trail for just over a year on the slow taper. It's been the hardest thing I've ever done. Prior to that I had 18 years of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and one small pill for sleep took that away from me. I'm still dedicated and want to get off of this stuff. I appreciate the advice and support from this website.

Hello  mxoldmxer  :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

I’m glad you’ve found us, you’ve come to a great place for support.  Congratulations on your sobriety and drug use, that’s amazing.  You’ve done great with your taper so far, always best to taper at a rate you’re comfortable with.  We will help and encourage you the rest of the way.  Browse the forum post questions our members are knowledgeable and will offer you support.

It’s generally advised to reduce between 5/10% 10/14 days.  This rate can be too fast for many of us You can learn more about tapering on our taper plans board.

If you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you  a couple of links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might wish to post to this support thread:

Ativan Tapering Thread

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita