Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Its been a bumpy road since 1989- im 60 and ready to start get serious

[ap...]

I was put on Restoril 1989 with Xanax .5 tid-Was a big Hospital and felt it was helping.

I cant even begin to detail what it was like at that time but eventually was but on Klonopin TID. Still taking it but now with 2400mg Gabapentin and 30 MG Adderall- its gonna be a challenge but with help from forums and to be of help as well- if it takes 10 yeas thats cool. And 90mg Cymbalta.

Looking foward to moving forward-

Greeting to All

Hello apaulo13 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are happy to have you here, welcome to the community.  You are making a great decision for the future.  Withdrawal will take some time so be patient and stay positive.  You will most likely get some symptoms, just know that they are temporary.  I am sure you will get plenty of help and support along the way. Taper one drug at a time, I would start with the benzo.  Benzodiazepines should be tapered off slowly, reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb.  It can be too fast for many of us, so listen to your body, taper at a rate that's comfortable.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I would like to suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and chapter III includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thanks Kindly magrita :-)

I had a longer response back but I think I was logged-

Im looking forward to learning and sharing as this forum looks awesomely extensive and helpful!

You are very welcome apaulo13

Yes, thats happened to me several times, its so annoying :tickedoff:  When you login, you can set the time for login try a month. This way, you will remain logged into the forum until you log out.

Good luck

Magrita :smitten: