Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Looking for support with changing brands

[St...]

I’m in the process of tapering off and doing ok. I’ve been on 6mg per day and have tapered down to 4mg. Today my pharmacy changed my brand and I’m looking for more information about switching brands. Thank you.

Hello SteveSon :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad to have you here with us, you’re doing a great job tapering off your benzo.  Please let us know the name of the benzodiazepine? so our members can help you. You have joined a very caring, supportive community. We have some valuable information on this forum. When your ready, post questions for members to respond.

Benzodiazepines are best tapered slowly. It’s generally recommended to reduce between 5 to 10% every 10 to 14 days.  You can alter this schedule, many find it too fast, taper at a rate you feel comfortable with.

if you aren't familiar with Ashtons manual I suggest you check it out, it’s a great resource. Here’s a list of possible withdrawal symptoms with explanations Chapter III

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Welcome, SteveSon.

In addition to the name of the benzodiazepine you are tapering, it would also be helpful to know:

(1) What method you are using (e.g. pill-splitting, pill-shaving/weighing, do-it-yourself liquid)?

(2) Do you have any leftover tablets from the former manufacturer? If so, how many?

If you are tapering clonazepam and have been using tablets manufactured by Teva, shortages have been reported nationwide.  However, Teva has indicated shortages will be resolved within the next month or so.  For more information:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=276809.msg3455880#msg3455880

You can get Teva again at least a few months ago but they were made in Egypt and not quite the same- You need to ask around. Try the small pharmacies that are still around as they sometimes seem to find extra amounts laying around.

The last few months I have been Getting what almost looks like brand name but does not say Roche and they are good enough- Mylan and accord and the others really dont work with everybody-

You can get Teva again at least a few months ago but they were made in Egypt and not quite the same- You need to ask around. Try the small pharmacies that are still around as they sometimes seem to find extra amounts laying around.

The last few months I have been Getting what almost looks like brand name but does not say Roche and they are good enough- Mylan and accord and the others really dont work with everybody-

Cheplapharm (a global specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in Germany) acquired the rights to Rivotril® (Klonopin® in the US) from Roche in January 2021.  In the US, Klonopin is now manufactured by H2-Pharma using the original Roche formulation; the name ‘Roche’ is no longer imprinted on the tablets. 

Cheplapharm (a global specialty pharmaceutical company headquartered in Germany) acquired the rights to Rivotril® (Klonopin® in the US) from Roche in January 2021.  In the US, Klonopin is now manufactured by H2-Pharma using the original Roche formulation; the name ‘Roche’ is no longer imprinted on the tablets.

Thank you for the Clarity!!  There is an H2 on the Label-

You’re most welcome.  Tip of the hat to you for checking the label!  Per the official FDA drug label (aka drug information pamphlet) for the Klonopin you are taking …

Distributed by:

H2-Pharma, LLC

Montgomery, AL

36117, USA

Licensed by:

CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel GmbH

Ziegelhof 24, 17489 Greifswald

Germany

Revised: 1/2023

© 2021 CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel GmbH

All rights reserved.

Link:

DailyMed - KLONOPIN- clonazepam tablet

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=cfa0d79a-843c-4b88-95a1-e9511d649ca1

You’re most welcome.  Tip of the hat to you for checking the label!  Per the official FDA drug label (aka drug information pamphlet) for the Klonopin you are taking …

Distributed by:

H2-Pharma, LLC

Montgomery, AL

36117, USA

Licensed by:

CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel GmbH

Ziegelhof 24, 17489 Greifswald

Germany

Revised: 1/2023

© 2021 CHEPLAPHARM Arzneimittel GmbH

All rights reserved.

Link:

DailyMed - KLONOPIN- clonazepam tablet

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=cfa0d79a-843c-4b88-95a1-e9511d649ca1

I've just eventually learned it best to know exactly what i am taking- I cant stand when refills are different colors and taste and shape etc.. After about 4-5 years of Taking Klonopin "Roche" in the early 90's I didn't even know about generic- Once they switched me I couldn't figure out why I was feeling different- Eventually is was the first Generic and I switched back to brand as it was cheap for cash- 1mg Tid. Pm- Now even thought Doctors sometimes really dont understand, I question everything and I have all my lifes records and can show them what happened-

These Mylan type brands- arent even worth a penny for a months worth and I can deal with being in that condition for 30 days-

Thank ya so much as ya are only so kind ! :-)