Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sayin farewell to benzos

[dj...]

Hello!

I am a middle aged guy who has been taking benzos for most of the last 17 years or so.

I had wicked panic attacks for years and since then I’ve just been on the merry go round of benzo rebound symptoms.

After being diagnosed and treated for ADHD I’ve gotten some clarity and am ready to move off of this ride.

I am currently taking 1.125 mg of clonazepam. (Moved from Xanax about 5 years ago to lower my dose. And get rid of the worst of the rebound symptoms..)

My Dr and I discussed a 5% every 2 week plan for tapering.

I’m looking for advice, support, or whatever you wonderful folks can offer. I hope to offer the same as I progress. Thanks and see y’all around :-)

Hello dj titerate  :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

I’m glad you joined the community, this is a great  place for withdrawal help and support.  I think 5% every 2wks is fine, taper at a pace you feel comfortable with, you can slow it down. Withdrawal can take a while so be patient, keep positive, you will get through this. Please post any questions you have for members to respond.

The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Many need to go slower, you can learn more about tapering on our taper plans board.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

You might like to post to this support group:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita