Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Rivotril WD

[55...]

I am new to the forum and trying to taper clonazepam in liquid form. Unfortunately I have a long history of assumption and adverse reactions to psychoactive medications. I ask to be approved to publish it and then discuss it for having your advice. I need help. Thank you.

Hello 55clotap :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined the community.  You joined a great supportive communty,  we’ve had many people successfully taper using liquid.  Its  suggested  to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days, many find this too fast and choose titration.  I did a diazepam straight dry cut, I didn't know any other way at the time.  We have many members used liquid and will advise you. You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you. Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards, 

You might like to check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible temporary withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave a few links to resources:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Margrita and thanks for the link to resourches. I've read the Colorado Consortium document and found this about the risks to stop benzodiazepines:

«Between 15-44% of chronic BZRA users experience moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation. An estimated 10-15% experience a protracted syndrome lasting months to years, possibly indefinite. This may occur even with a gradual taper. Severe outcomes include suicidality,24 akathisia, and disability».

I confess that I am scared. Considered my past WD experiences, I am afraid that I am a person doomed to suffer forever, even if I'm able to do a graudual taper. I'm disoriented. I don't have much confidence that I will have success in tapering and feeling normal or better. Do people who succeed make a full recovery, or is it rare?