Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Deciding what to tackle first

[ac...]

Hello accjery78 :hug:  Welcome to the forum.

You'll find plenty of information and support here.  Taper one drug at a time, I would start with the benzodiazepine first. The Zopiclone will need tapering later, in a similar fashion to benzos.  We generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, though  rates vary, depending on symptoms and how you feel, whatever feels comfortable. Please post questions, we have a great community, you will get plenty of support and encouragement here.

When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms in chapter lll with helpful explanations. . CHAPTER III

Here a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Thank-you. I will post more about my story when I can.  Two questions: does 10 percent cuts mean 10% of current dose not 10% of original dose? And why would you suggest the Diazapam to be the first taper. I am on 5mg of both Diazapam and Zopiclone. Thanks!

Hi there,

I completely agree with magrita and would focus on tapering one drug at a time. And yes, the recommendation is for 10% of the current dose.

Best, Pop