Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Becoming active

[Ca...]

When I found out that I was having interdose withdrawal and then cutting cold Turkey. I became very ill with symptoms all over the place. My doctor thought I had a manic episode. I’m an LCSW (psychotherapist) and run my own private practice. I feel that I’m knowledgeable but this medication has ruined my brain. When I first found this page after becoming stable on Valium twice a day and starting a micro taper I’ve began to stable. I am struggling currently with becoming a member of this group. I know it displayed step by step instructions but I feel like I cannot cognitive comprehend it at all and I would like to participate but also don’t know if this is the correct way to go about it. Thank you

Hello Casualsheep,

Welcome to BB.

It is not all down to you feeling befuddled; the registration process here is more complicated than it might be. It will be simplified within the next few weeks - I know, too late for you - but it will help others when joining BB.

If you post a new thread (topic) to one of the withdrawal or taper support boards, I am sure you will receive help and feedback from your fellow members.

Good luck.

Hello Casualsheep and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us!  You've come to the right place for good information and support to help you with the rest of your taper.  This is a community that understands what you're going through.  Let me first offer you reassurance that the effects on your cognition are typical withdrawal symptoms and are temporary.  As you heal and recover all of your symptoms will ease up and fade away over time. 

Now that you're a member please feel free to explore the site and post with questions about your situation.  You may want to start with the following links.  We encourage you to reach out for support and let us know how we can help you.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday