Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Account approval introduction

[se...]

Your reasons for joining BenzoBuddies (withdrawal support; taper advice; information; etc.);

Taper support and advice

The type of benzodiazepine (or z-drug) you take or have taken;

Clonazepam

For how long you have been taking benzodiazepines;

Your present dose;

2 years

The size (dose) of the individual pills you use;

0.5mg

If you have started or finished your taper;

In progress

And anything else you feel would be useful for those wishing to reply to your introduction.

In the process. Started with 1.5mg and now on 0.375mg. Every cut is hellish

Some notes to add: I have been wrongly put on clonazepam and used for one year, until I changed doctor and started tapering a year ago. I do dry cut, 1/16 pill every few weeks. I may consider changing to micro taper once reached 0.3125mg

Hello  sealionchris :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

I’m glad you joined, yes it’s hell going through this process but you will eventually be free and life will get better.  We have a very caring and supportive community.  Looks like your doing a good job with your taper so far, I know it’s tough.  You might consider titration  if you need to slow it right down.  You will get plenty of support and  encouragement to help you the rest of the way.  Please feel free to check out the forum and post questions for members to respond.

Check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos.  The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some of us need to taper more slowly. The manual  also lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

You might like to post to this support group:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita