Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Back again

[ba...]

This is the only support group that I know of since my last failed taper that resulted in psychosis and im terrified

Currently on:  Xanax for 20+ years at 3 mg a day

Years ago there was an excellent support system on Facebook, i think it has since been archived. they were helpful, hoping maybe some people remain from that group? I knew eventually that the doctors would begin the living nightmare of a word, "reduce your dose" and sent me into a frantic panic. the terrors ive experienced in the past, have thrown me into full blown panic. Maybe,  just maybe, there is more information to help us get off of this medication, without dying and losing your mind and everyone that you love. I really hope so. Im looking forward to hearing about any new successes or anything that can help.  I saw the Netflix film, and it was spot on...was wondering then if some of the folks came from this group. 

In the past I used the liquid tapering, the cutting, crossover to longer acting benzo, the ashton manual,  the slow dosing etc etc tried every supplement back then, and just could not beat this demon.

Hello backagain2 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined the community, this is an excellent place for support during your taper. I believe this forum is second to none.  You can beat the benzo’s,  I know its very challenging but being among people who completely understand,can make this journey a little easier.  Accept that it will take a while, be patient, keep positive, know that it will get better with time. Browse the boards and post questions our members are very caring and knowledgeable.

Tapering slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects.  It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days. This is a guideline and many taper much slower, it is ok to adjust this schedule for your own comfort.

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s  have on our body.  The manual includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might like to post here:

Xanax Club

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita