Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Diazepam withdrawal

[Ma...]

I’m trying to reduce my diazepam intake to hopefully stop completely.  I’ve been taking 15mg a day for 13 years.

I’m currently on 7.5mg but have read the lower you go the worse the symptoms.

I’ve been using the internet to find guidance and help by seeing how people cope and what to expect with regards to withdrawal symptoms.

Hello Maizymoo  :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

I’m glad you are here with us, you have joined a great community, we will support you through this. I see you’ve started your taper, are you tapered slowly?  Yes it does get tough at the lower doses.  Withdrawal can be relentless  but it’s temporary, you will get through it.  With the support and encouragement here along the way you can do this. Please post questions on any of the dedicated boards.

Slow is the best way to go, It can take a while so be patient.  The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  You can go slower,  taper at a rate that feels comfortable.  You can learn more about tapering on our taper plans board.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  It was reassuring for me reading the list of possible temporary withdrawal symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita