Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Introduction Johnny999

[jo...]

Hello,

fist I want to apologieze for my bad English. It's not my mother tongue.

Thank you fo including me in the group. I am an 59 year old man.

Here is a short summary of my benzo story..

The first time I took a Benzo was 1992. I got it from my doctor after my first Panic attack.

From this time until 2008 I took Benzos (Xanax) every day.

From 2008 - 2009 I started my first withdrawal in the hospital. I also lost my job because of my withdrawal.

From 2009 until 2015 I was free of Benzos - but I didn't feel good.

Since 2016 Benzos are back in my life. I thought there is no other way to handle my job with all my panic attacks and anxiety.

Since 2 years I try to reduce my Benzos and also handl my job as a software developer. It's so hard to do this.

It would be very important to hear success stories an learn from people how to handl withdrawal symptoms. (anxiety, pain oll over the body etc.) Often I think I'm not able to reach my target to be Benzo free.

My docotor says it takes such a long time but I have no idea how to manage all my symptoms..

My current medication every day is:

1,75 mg Xanax

600 mg Pregabalin

50 mg Trazodanhydroclorid

75 mg Venlataxin

I'm looking forward to hear from you and I'm sure I'll get answers of all my questions.

Johnny

Hello  johnny999 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am glad that you joined the community.  Your English is good.  Its difficult going through this while working but many members have done so successfully.  Its possible that your first withdrawal was too fast, they say withdrawal gets tougher each time.  Tapering very slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects.  It’s generally recommended to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 day, it is ok to adjust this schedule, depending how you feel, whatever feels comfortable.  you’ll get plenty of support and encouragement along the way.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s  have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You might like to post to this support group:

The Xanax Club

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita