Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hello all

[Te...]

Hello all . I’m tapering K after 2 years of use . I was on 0.5 mg . I’m now down to 0.0625 mg and struggling . My anxiety is very bad . I’m incorporating a lot of meditation into my day to get through this .

I’ve decided to slow my taper right down . Im considering holding at 0.0625 for another 2 weeks until I stabilise . I think perhaps I have been going a bit fast and not listening to my body . Im now going to adhere closely to Ashton’s manual .

I really want to be successful .

Hello Terfal13 :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined the community.  How long have you been tapering? You should taper at a rate that is comfortable. Anxiety is common in withdrawal, mine was extreme, it will get easier.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days, many slow it down, best to listen to your body.  You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you. Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards, 

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Klonopin Klub 

We have a dedicated board dealing with Anxiety issues, you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Anxiety     

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply and welcome notice .

May I ask how you dearly with extremely anxiety that no anoint of meditation , self talk , can reduce ?

It’s so “ chemically “ driven that it is extremely difficult to control .