Important Survey - Please Participate ×

New member looking for info an support

[jo...]

Hi jonyob :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so glad you decided to join the community.  You will find plenty of information and support on this forum.  How are you feeling? Benzo withdrawal symptoms can be very unpleasant, but they are temporary.  You’ve come to a great place for support.  We have a great community of supportive members, please post questions to any of the dedicated boards.

Check out The Ashton Manual,  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, I found it very reassuring reading CHAPTER III  , a list of common withdrawal symptoms 

Here are a few links to resources, you might like to check them out:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Post withdrawal recovery support.  this is a good place to start posting any questions you may have. 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you Magrita. 

I'm feeling Ok.  5 weeks into my withdrawal.  Took Ativan, up to .75mg for about 5 weeks.  Did a hard taper and jumped off at .2mg.  First few weeks were rough.  Just here to see what I am in for.  I thought low dose, relatively short usage would be easier to withdraw from.  Thank you for providing the resources. 

Jonnyob

Hello jonyob

I am so pleased you are doing well, not everyone has a tough time.  It doesn't seem to matter how long or what dose with benzos, some short termers have a difficult time.  Are you having any withdrawal symptoms right now?  5 weeks out and you feel okay, it sounds great to me, I think you are going to be fine.

Magrita :smitten:

Hi Magrita,

My symptoms include light and sound sensitivity / social isolation / anxiety / irritability / depression / plugged ears or pressure in ears.  I have trouble focusing.  Still have some brain fog.  This week definitely better than the first 3 weeks. 

J