Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Hi, thanks for having me!

[is...]

Hi everyone, I’m so thankful I found this website.

I’ve been prescribed .5mg klonopin for 10 years but I would go months without taking it up until the last two years.. I went up to 1mg and overtime i kept taking more than i was prescribed which led me to start buying 2mg ativan so i could deal with my anxiety. I really want to start tapering off before it’s too late. I can go three days without any of it before I get awful brain fog. I worry about having a seizure and I’m afraid I’m in too deep.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!!

Hello ismellcinnamonrolls :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very glad you joined our community.  You will get all the support you need here to get you through this process.  Are you still taking both Klonopin and Ativan?  Withdrawal can be a long tough, journey,  being here among others who understand can make it a little easier.  Feel free to check out the forum and post questions for members to respond.

Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. Some of us need to taper much slower.  You will learn more about tapering on the taper boards.

I would like to suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It has withdrawal information and includes a list of common withdrawal symptoms

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might wish to post to this support group

Klonopin Klub #2

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

The Ashton Manual is definitely your first stop. Devote time to it. Understand what she says. But your #1 takeaway should be that we DO heal. Have faith in that. You'll put this in your rearview.