Important Survey - Please Participate ×

HTTPS encryption needed for this site.

[Ke...]

Would be nice if the SysAdmin would implement a secure HTTPS web site. 

Diazepam issue.  Also aware of the Ashton tapering process of 1mg per 1-2 weeks.

Taking this - far too long.  Need to start to taper.  Using 5mg tablets my insurance covers. If I went to an equivalent of 2mg for easier pill cutting, my insurance would not cover the cost. 

Wondering - is baclofen a decent 'support' script to use while tapering off the valium.

I am aware of the issues that baclofen carries - it requires the same tapering regimen, but would it help with stopping the valium.

This clock is 4 hours ahead of EST placing thee server right smack somewhere in the Caribbean. Yes?

Key West

Hello Key West, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Some feel the Ashton method is too rapid, they find they need to slow down towards the end of the taper, just something to keep in mind, its a good idea to let your symptoms guide your taper.

I've seen baclofen mentioned here but not in a positive light, but you might want to perform a search to see what others have said about it.  You'll have better luck if you use this search function in your browser.  site:benzobuddies.org baclofen  Or you can start a thread on the Alternative  Therapies & Supplements board.

I'll provide some links to help you get started on the forum but please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list