Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I'm free but not

[he...]

Hi.

I mainly joined because I need some advice about supplements (GABA, L-Theanine, niacin...) that can enhance my healing or any tips that I can get, also to share what helped me. + to educate myself.

I took clonazepam (about 2mg.) for 3 months, then I went cold turkey without caution. I got prescribed many type of benzos for the next 2 years, but none made me feel good again.

I'm completely free from the drug for 60 days and feeling decent, but weak and I get exhausted easly, from working in the garden or even cleaning, and many times this feeling of tiredness comes with an unusual pain in my chest, neck and back (I'm under 30 so that is not normal). That's the only struggle I have left to fight against and endure.

Hi hexitate :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum. Congratulations on being benzo free!!  You will get some advice from members here,  supplements can be tricky, what works for one person might cause an uptick in symptoms in another.  I couldn’t tolerate them at all, I think it's best to let the body recover naturally.  I am glad you are feeling decent,  benzo withdrawal symptoms can be very unpleasant, but they are temporary.  Chest pain is always worth getting checked to rule out other causes.  You’ve come to a good place for support, we have a great community of supportive members, post to any of the dedicated boards.

Check out The Ashton Manual, reading this will give you a better understanding  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, I found it very reassuring reading CHAPTER III  , a list of common withdrawal symptoms 

Here are a few links to resources, you might like to check them out.  Post questions on Post withdrawal board for members to respond

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Post withdrawal recovery support.  this is a good place to start posting any questions you may have. 

Alternative Therapies & Supplements

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita