Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin withdrawal

[Tr...]

Hi!

I'm taking 6mg of klonopin and I'm looking for support. Stabilized here after sporadic High dosing for 5 months. Looking for people in a similar situation as me, and for support.

Hello Trenny55 :hug:  Welcome to the forum.

We are glad you joined the community, you'll find plenty of support here.  Sporadic use over time can lead to dependency.  In order to taper, its best  to establish a steady daily dose and slowly reduce that over time.  We generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, though  rates vary, depending how you feel, whatever is comfortable. Please feel free to post questions for members to respond.

When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms in chapter lll with helpful explanations. . CHAPTER III

Here a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita