Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Benzobuddies needs

[ro...]

Hi there, I am new to BenzoBuddies, but would like to keep this short:

I have been taking fake valium pills for nearly 6 months which have been identified as containing lorazepam instead and am tapering off at a rate of half a pill every two weeks. I have come from 10 down to 6, but do have days where I feel the need to take more to sleep or just to feel normal and not cold and hollow inside. I am motivated to be free of all habits and addictions which are preventing me from living properly.

Hello rover23  :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you're here with us.    You are making a great decision, to be free from drugs/addictions, well done!  It can be dangerous taking these fake drugs, you just don’t know what’s in them.  Slow and careful is best when tapering off benzodiazepines.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. The goal is to keep any symptoms manageable. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions for members to respond.

I would like to suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  The manual  has a list of common temporary symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita