Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Mum tapering of clonazepam

[Th...]

My mother has been taking clonazepam for about a year. She is currently tapering off them (at a 2mg dose I believe). Recently she has been experiencing extreme nausea and is struggling to use her phone. I’ve joined the group to get advice on treating the nausea and any future withdrawal symptoms that she experiences.

Hello Thomas3478 :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies.

We are glad you are here.  You are very welcome, thank you for joining in support of your Mother.  Has mom been tapering slow, for those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days, and some taper even slower than that.    You'll find plenty of information and receive lots of support here.

I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations. . CHAPTER III

Here a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

There is a support blog here dedicated to members who are tapering from klonopin, I will give you a link to it. I'm sure the members there will be happy to assist you with advice.

Klonopin Klub

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita