Important Survey - Please Participate ×

2nd time around

[lv...]

September. That second week was absolutely horrible but then by week 3 I started feeling better. The fog lifted and I started feeling like my old self. By Halloween I felt amazing. Fast forward to about 2 months ago and stupidly I thought I could just take one. So now I have to start all over again. I hate this! I hate that I did this. I hate putting my family through this again. But I know I have to stop now. I didn't let myself get back up to my regular amount but I know what's coming (praying it won't be as intense this time since it's only been 2 month and a low amount). As much as I know how bad the next couple weeks are going to be I am just so ready to get it over with and get that feeling back. That feeling of being back to myself, being present in my life and being proud of myself. My question though is how long before the risk of seizures passes? I really wanted to take a walk today but didn't want to put myself in danger. There isn't much info online.

Please tell us more about your benzo history - what benzo and dose?

It will help others know where you are in this process if you complete a signature.  Add your history/signature

I really hope you will not do a second CT.  Our current understanding is that the risk of seizures is highest for individuals who (1) are on high doses of a benzodiazepine and (2) stop taking it abruptly (i.e. cold turkey).  Seizure risk is low for individuals who are gradually tapering a benzodiazepine.