Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium taper small doses

[Be...]

Began 9 mg Bromazepam per day January 12 2023. Became Very quickly dependent. Tried to reduce on my own but too difficult so Hospitalized February 24 where they immediately switched to 11 mg Valium per day. In hospital Dr decreased 7 mg total in 4 weeks. Said I was extremely sensitive so came home to finish taper slowly on my own. Now still on 4 mg of Valium per day, 1 mg morning, 1mg noon, 2 mg evening. Still feeling withdrawals 7 days after last 1 mg drop in hospital on Monday 20 March. Do not know when to start taper again as feeling quite ill. Trembling, breathless at times, weak, aching muscles, a lot of nausea causing a lot of weight loss.

Hello Benzofree2023!  Welcome to BenzoBuddie!

I'm sorry you've been hit with rough withdrawal symptoms after such a short period of use of Valium.  We see it happen often unfortunately - it's shocking how quickly dependency can happen.  We are here to provide good information and support to help you with your taper and withdrawal.  This is a community that understands what you're going through. 

Now that you're a member please feel free to explore the site and ask questions about your situation.  I will leave some helpful links below but the important thing is that you reach out for support.

We're glad you found us!

Brighterday

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

I too, was only on 11mg of valium for one month.  I am now on month two of my taper.  I tried to taper too quickly, thinking i was on it such a short time and became couchbound, deeply depressed and nonfunctioing at about 7mg.  My dr then added 600mg of gabapentin which helped with sleep and depression at first.  I've had to up the dose as the taper goes on, and then will have to taper the gabapentin afterwards, which i am dreading.  I am down to 4.5mgs of valium now.