Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Preparing to taper from Klonopin, again.

[Fa...]

Hello, I am preparing myself to taper off klonopin again. My previous attempt was partially successful as I finished but after 2 weeks of last dose ended up in ER because the w/d symptoms where so bad. I must confess, I reinstated again. (shame) I really need help this time as I had no help previously from doctors or family. No one can understand how awful and bad it is. I hope I can find compassion and understanding here. Friendships would be much appreciated too.

I am looking into a liquid titration (if that is recommended for me) and if anyone can help me with making a chart/schedule of dose, I'd appreciate it.

My last taper was dry /cut and towards the end, it got really bad so that's why I'm thinking about trying something different and possibly slower.

I am currently taking .327mg kl.

Thank you to whoever replies to this.

Hello FaithHopeandLove, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry you had to reinstate but there is no shame in that, my goodness, what we go through is pure agony and if you can gain some stability and regroup then you can think about trying again.  We suggest reducing by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but using liquid titration will insure you do this slowly.

You'll want to start a thread on the titration board when you're ready to talk about your taper and someone will drop by to help you get it started.

I'll provide some links to help you get started but you'll find compassion here, we know your pain.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Hello FaithHopeandLove, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry you had to reinstate but there is no shame in that, my goodness, what we go through is pure agony and if you can gain some stability and regroup then you can think about trying again.  We suggest reducing by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but using liquid titration will insure you do this slowly.

You'll want to start a thread on the titration board when you're ready to talk about your taper and someone will drop by to help you get it started.

I'll provide some links to help you get started but you'll find compassion here, we know your pain.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Hi Pamster,

Thank you for your reply and kind words. A few questions... My last tapering lasted 18 months and after 6 months it all got so difficult for me. The pressure headaches, panic attacks, brain zaps started....and other symptoms. I finished the taper but it took a toll on me so I had to reinstate again.  Lost 17 lbs, was weak my family was devastated. I dont want to go through that again. I have not been the same since.

I thought I was doing ok, I dont know why the headaches started again. I am already experiencing withdrawl headaches since last week. sigh.

Is there a schedule around here for liquid titration for klonopin? A formula on this site? Or how do I go about it?

Thank you for your help.

FaithHopeandLove

We don't have a formula, although we have members who have created spreadsheets but we believe in symptom based tapers so while its good to have a plan, plans need to be adjusted from time to time. If you'll start a thread on the titration board we can get you started.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=164.0

May I ask, what dose did you start from on your last taper?

Hey buddy, sending good vibes your way! Don’t feel shame for reinstating, this process is so difficult

I’ve had great success with Agmatine Sulfate! It’s a supplement that helps by reducing excess Glutamate which is what gives rise to the horrible side effects

It began as a workout supplement that would be added into pre workouts with entirely too much caffeine and long story short its now being studied by researchers for use in opiate and benzodiazepine withdrawal!

I take 1000milligram powder i stuff into 2 gel capsules each morning and night, I hope this information can be of some benefit for you ❤️ stay on the path and you’ll get there :)